Blacksmithing again. Fixed up a buggy for Eaton. My eaten dinner didn’t sit well and gave me the collic [sic]. I didn’t go the lecture on [missing] that occurred.
Archive for the ‘Illness’ Category
- An entry a day from a diary held in the American Antiquarian Society's manuscripts collection.
For more from the American Antiquarian Society
The blacksmith's diary-blog officially ended on June 4, 1870. Please visit us at A Day in the Life of a Schoolmarm to read daily entries from the diary of an 1870s schoolmarm.
- Say Cheese! Photographs of Printers at Work, ReduxBack in 2014, I prepared a post for Past is Present that featured four photographs of newspaper print shops, two from the collection and two recently acquired. In the three years since that post, AAS has added several more occupational images featuring print shops of all shapes and sizes. These images add to our knowledge of the […]
- Say Cheese! Photographs of Printers at Work, Redux
- Daybreak.December 31. This last day of the year finds me at Mr. P’s after having passed almost a sleepless night. I was glad to see daylight. If it wasn’t for Esther I should feel strangely enough but she is such a lovely, funny, cheerful little lady nobody can help feeling at home with her. This […]
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.